To obtain married in Nova Scotia, you must have a wedding Licence before you’ve got a wedding ceremony. The licence is legitimate for a few months through the date it is granted.
You’ll want a wedding Licence getting married in Nova Scotia. The licence is needed by you just before have actually a married relationship ceremony.
Having a wedding licence does not suggest you’re married. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is legitimate for a few months through the date it is released.
It is possible to go with a spiritual or civil ceremony.
A spiritual agent that you choose may perform the ceremony that is religious. The representative requirements to be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice of this comfort or judge may perform the ceremony that is civil they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You’ll want 2 folks who are at minimum 16 years witness that is old ceremony.
Certification of marriage
At the time of the ceremony, your spiritual agent, justice associated with the comfort or judge gives you a memento certification. This document is certainly not proof that is legal of.
After a wedding is registered, you are able to submit an application for a formal marriage certification, which will be appropriate proof wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you should be about to get hitched away from Nova Scotia, you’ll want to contact the jurisdiction in which the marriage service will need location for registration and licensing demands.
You will get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older rather than presently hitched. You’ll need a consent that is signed if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or younger.
Both individuals engaged and getting married want to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form has to be witnessed by the agent that is authorized. If both ongoing events aren’t open to use in individual, contact Vital Statistics. You are able to make an application for a licence and acquire hitched in Nova Scotia even although you don’t are now living in the province.
Just how to use
- See Access Nova Scotia or even A deputy issuer of marriage Licences in your community.
- Complete the application kind form they provide you with.
- Check out the application for information on all required supporting documents.
- Include payment together with your application.
- Offer your finished application, supporting papers and re re payment towards the Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Offer your wedding Licence to your representative that is religious associated with the peace or judge prior to the wedding ceremony.
Just how long it requires
You really need to have the licence straight away. It could just take longer if more details will become necessary or if perhaps your kind hasn’t been filled in precisely.
Re re re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a money or cheque order should really be made payable towards the Minister of Finance. re Payment choices can vary dependent on the method that you use.
Prior to starting
Ensure you have actually:
- Signed piece of government-issued identification and proof of age for both social individuals engaged and getting married
- evidence of breakup if either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), combined with affidavit
- proof death if either person engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of one’s moms and dads or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required consent forms)
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
You and your partner must attend an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage if you intend to get married at a Registry Office, at least a month before the ceremony. The Notice stays legitimate for approximately eighteen months.
You are able to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to go to an meeting at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The age that is marriageable 18 years. If somebody, perhaps perhaps perhaps not yet 18, wants to marry just before their birthday that is 18th a court empowered to provide a ‘Section 12’ order will give authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 individuals aged under 18 years are not allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding can be lodged prior to the eighteenth birthday, provided that the wedding happens following the birthday celebration.
Things you need
- the PDF forms:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of documents aren’t accepted.
Simple tips to use
- Look at the eligibility demands.
- Download and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the documentation that is necessary.
- Find the ‘Book a scheduled appointment’ key.
- Go into the needed information.
- Attend your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with re re payment, and verify the time and date when it comes to ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for approximately eighteen months.
- The lodgement charge is non-refundable.
- If you want aid in preparing your Registry wedding ceremony, complete the wedding that is online kind, together with Registry gets in contact with you.
re re Payment techniques
You are able to review deal re payment choices on our re payment techniques web web page.